0 comments / in Personal25 October 2009
For around 15 years I’ve lived a double life, I’ve kept secrets from my “online friends” and “offline friends” alike, I’ve hidden who I am and that all came crashing down with the invention of Facebook.
I’ve been online since year 9 of high school which would have made me about 13. Back then I think 28.8k modems were all the rage and meant you were ‘super fast’ compared to the 14.4k versions. I remember my first time online with MSN, I had spent a minute connecting to find that there was absolutely no difference online to offline, atleast, that was my first thought. Then I discovered Microsoft Comic Chat and it changed my world. I spent hours on MSNs IRCX chat servers talking to people from across the pond although I was a kid, I had no sense of maturity in “real life”, let alone online, and swiftly became banned from MSN for being a general pillock. Who knew a SysOp could actually ban you from a chatroom!
Read more »
- Tweet: Let me guess, Murrica; That orange ass-hat of yours i
- Tweet: Curling is to Winter Olympics as darts would be to su
- Tweet: @SYSpeedCameras @MyDoncaster @syptweet That’s not wha
- Tweet: @Nta123Neil – finally did it.
- Tweet: When 12 year olds take guns to school and shoot peopl